Posted • Marjani Smith
Swiss Chard Frittata and Tomatoes
4 SERVINGS 25 MINUTES 206 CALORIES PER SERVING
23g PROTEIN 8g FAT 10g CARBS 2g FIBER 260mg SODIUM
For some people, routine is the key to weight loss success. This is true for many on the OurSkinny program. Others require versatility, which is why we allow you to have your main meal at any time of the day. Want to know what else is superb any time of the day? A nice, savory frittata.
INGREDIENTS4 large eggs
8 large egg whites
1 cup low fat cottage cheese
1/8 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1 ½ tsp. olive oil
1 pound Swiss chard: stalks chopped into ½-inch pieces; leaves sliced ½-inch thick crosswise
1 medium onion, thinly-sliced crosswise
2 cups cherry tomatoes
1 Tbsp. fresh basil, minced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place cottage cheese in blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Whisk together egg, egg whites, cottage cheese, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Heat oil in a 10-inch ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add sliced onion and cook until tender and translucent about 4-5 minutes.
- Add Swiss chard and cook, stirring, until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and add egg mixture. Stir once or twice to distribute vegetables evenly.
- Place skillet in oven, and bake until eggs have set, about 13 minutes.
- (Wrap the handle of your skillet in foil to prevent it from melting!)
- Cut into four portions and serve immediately or store in airtight container in refrigerator for re-heating.
For the tomatoes:
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Spray a skillet with a light coating of cooking spray and place it on the stove over medium heat.
- Let the skillet warm up for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place the tomatoes in the skillet and saute, shaking pan frequently.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, until tomatoes soften and skins just begin to wrinkle.
- Take the tomatoes off the heat and stir in basil to season.