Posted • Marjani Smith
Springtime Superfood Salad with Chicken
4 SERVINGS 35 MINUTES 283 CALORIES PER SERVING
44g PROTEIN 7g FAT 17g CARBS 4g FIBER 490mg SODIUM
Beets are powerful! Notable for their striking color, beets contain very high levels of folate, manganese, fiber and potassium, and are known for their cleansing properties. Many people drink beet juice as a health tonic, but we can all agree that there are far more tasty ways to enjoy them.
INGREDIENTS1 pound of fresh beets
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 tablespoons olive oil
½ tsp black pepper
4 5-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 bunch kale, thick stems removed (about 4 cups)
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Heat oven to 425° F.
- Trim the root and tip end of each beet, peel, and cut into wedges.
- On a piece of non-stick foil, toss the beets, onion, olive oil, ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Cover with another piece of non-stick aluminum foil.
- Roast until tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken with ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Cook until browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes per side.
- In a large bowl, toss the warm beet mixture with the kale and lime juice.
- Serve with the chicken.