Posted • Marjani Smith
Pizza with Chicken and Roast Vegetables
4 SERVINGS 45 MINUTES 260 CALORIES PER SERVING
24g PROTEIN 11g FAT 17g CARBS 4g FIBER 480mg SODIUM
Most everyone will tell you that pizza and weight loss can't co-exist. The good news is that you can make better choices, while still enjoying the foods you love. Try our Pizza with Chicken and Roast Vegetables and pair it with OurSkinny's Spinach and Fruit Salad (scroll for link).
1 medium head cauliflower
1 large Egg
¼ cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
¼ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
1 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
1 tbsp. garlic, chopped
½ tsp. dried oregano
½ cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 small red pepper, cut into strips
1 small green pepper, cut into strips
1 small onion, cut into strips
1 cup broccoli florets
½ tbsp. olive oil
1 cup cooked chicken breast, diced
½ cup Classico or other pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place a pizza pan or large cookie sheet in the oven to heat up.
- Remove the florets from the head of cauliflower.
- Place in a food processor and pulse the cauliflower has a sand-like texture, or use a box grater.
- Remove and place into a microwave-safe bowl and cover.
- Microwave on high for 4 minutes. Remove and let cool completely.
- Place in a paper towel and squeeze all of the water out of the cauliflower.
- In a bowl, beat the egg and add cauliflower.
- Add the cheeses, basil, garlic and oregano. Mix well to a dough-like consistency.
- Place the cauliflower ball on a piece of parchment paper and roll out to form your crust.
- Place parchment paper on the heated pan and cook the crust for 10-15 minutes until golden-brown.
- While crust is baking, spread the vegetables and diced chicken on a cookie sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and heat alongside the crust.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the crust and top with the roasted vegetables and chicken.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the toppings.
- Place back in the oven and cook an additional 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Cut into 4 big pieces or 8 smaller ones.