Posted • Marjani Smith
OurSkinny Surf and Turf
4 SERVINGS 20 MINUTES 390 CALORIES PER SERVING
48g PROTEIN 13g FAT 24g CARBS 8g FIBER 940mg SODIUM
Shrimp are in season here in Georgia, and so are fresh vegetables. Here’s a delicious stir-fry recipe from the OurSkinny Test Kitchen. Be sure to allow one hour for marinating and serve with Fried “Riced” Cauliflower (which also happens to be the perfect gluten-free substitute for rice in any dish).
INGREDIENTS16 (about ½ pound) shrimp (large-sized), peeled
1 pound thin sirloin tip steak (select), cut into strips
1 medium onion, cut into chunks
2 medium zucchini, cut into chunks
2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into buttons
1 tbsp. safflower oil
¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
½ cup rice wine vinegar
2 tbsp. sesame seeds
1 tsp. garlic powder
½ tbsp. fresh ground ginger
¼ cup water
For the cauliflower:
1 medium cauliflower
1 medium red pepper, diced
½ bunch of asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 small onion, diced
½ tbsp. safflower oil
1 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
1 large egg, beaten
- Mix the soy sauce, vinegar, sesame seeds, garlic powder, ginger and water together.
- Place the beef strips and shrimp in a baking dish and cover with the marinade. Toss to coat.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (in a pinch, let sit for 10 minutes).
- Heat the oil in a skillet to medium high. Add onions, zucchini, carrots, shrimp and beef strips.
- Cook 5-7 minutes, stirring often until shrimp is pink and beef is cooked.
- Serve with OurSkinny’s Fried “Riced” Cauliflower
- Remove the leaves and core from the cauliflower.
- With a cheese grater, grate the cauliflower over the largest grate section. Set aside.
- The easier way to grate it is to place it in a food processor and “pulse” it until you have small grains.
- Heat the oil in a skillet to medium high heat. Add the red peppers, onions and asparagus.
- Cook for just 2 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, soy sauce and vinegar. Cook for 1 minute and then remove from pan.
- Add the beaten egg to the pan and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add the egg to the “rice” mixture and mix well.