Posted • Marjani Smith
4 SERVINGS 45 MINUTES 230 CALORIES PER SERVING
24g PROTEIN 9g FAT 15g CARBS 3g FIBER 490mg SODIUM
If you are trying to lose weight, you should be avoiding pasta altogether, and once you are maintaining your new healthy weight, you should always look for 100% whole grain.On the other hand, who needs pasta when you can make these delicious lasagna cupcakes?!
2 yellow squash
1/3 lb. ground beef, 90% lean
½ small onion, minced
1 cup crushed tomatoes
¾ cup 2% cottage cheese
½ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
½ cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 large egg
1 tsp. Garlic powder
Olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a vegetable peeler to make squash and zucchini ribbons.
- Cut ribbons in half and blot with paper towel to remove some of the liquid.
- Spray a skillet pan with cooking spray and sauté the ground beef. Drain the fat.
- Add the onion and garlic powder and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes and simmer over a low heat for 3-5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cottage cheese, ricotta, basil, oregano, and the egg until well blended.
- Place the cupcake liners in a muffin tin.
- Place two zucchini and two yellow squash ribbons in the bottom of the liner.
- Layer beef mixture, cheese mixture, and mozzarella.
- Repeat each layer including the ribbons.
- You should get 2-3 layers, topped with the mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Let stand 2-3 minutes before removing from muffin tin.