Posted • Marjani Smith
Honey Glazed Salmon
4 SERVINGS 25 MINUTES 372 CALORIES PER SERVING
47g PROTEIN 12g FAT 18g CARBS 4g FIBER 260mg SODIUM
Salmon is a heart-healthy foundation for any main meal, and the Alaskan salmon fishery is one of our most sustainable. With that in mind, environmentalists and nutritionists alike will enjoy this quick and easy preparation, served with spinach, peppers, and onions.
INGREDIENTS1 Tbsp. honey
2 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
1 skinless Coho salmon fillet (1 3/4-pound piece), cut into 4 pieces
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 sweet yellow onion, thinly sliced
3 bunches spinach, thick stems removed (about 12 cups)
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh ginger
1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
¼ tsp. black pepper
Extra Virgin Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Heat broiler.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey and 1 teaspoon of the soy sauce.
- Place the salmon on a foil-lined broiler-proof baking sheet and season with pepper.
- Spoon the honey mixture over the salmon
- Broil for 5-7 minutes, until the salmon is opaque throughout.
- Coat a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the pepper and onion and cook, tossing occasionally, until just tender (3 to 4 minutes).
- Stir in the ginger.
- Add the spinach and cook, tossing, until just wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the balsamic vinegar & remaining teaspoon of soy sauce.
- Toss and serve with the salmon.