Posted • Marjani Smith
Healthy Chicken Satay
4 SERVINGS MINUTES 530 CALORIES PER SERVING
66g PROTEIN 21g FAT 27g CARBS 9g FIBER 860mg SODIUM
From the Indonesian archipelago, by way of just about every single Thai restaurant here in the United States and late of the OurSkinny Test Kitchen, we bring you a delicious (healthy!) recipe for chicken satay. Pair with OurSkinny's Vegetable Curry to complete your main meal.
INGREDIENTS2 pounds boneless chicken breast, cut into long strips
¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
½ tbsp. safflower oil
2 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 ½ tbsp. fresh garlic, minced
2/3 tsp. cumin
2/3 tsp. turmeric
1/3 tsp. fresh ginger, ground
1/3 tsp. cinnamon
¼ cup fresh cilantro
12 wooden skewers
- Combine all of the ingredients except the chicken in a bowl and mix until blended.
- Place the chicken in a shallow dish and cover with the marinade.
- Toss to ensure the chicken is well coated.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at 24 hours.
- Thread the chicken strips onto the soaked wooden skewers.
- Grill for 5-7 minutes, turning once while cooking.
- Serve with OurSkinny’s Vegetable Curry.