Posted • Mindy Bradley
Grilled Steak Salad
4 SERVINGS 30 MINUTES 535 CALORIES PER SERVING
53g PROTEIN 29g FAT 16g CARBS 6g FIBER 123mg SODIUM
OurSkinny’s Grilled Steak Salad is a great way to enjoy one of summer’s great rituals (outdoor grilling), while making good choices when it comes to your main meal. We suggest serving this delicious salad with a ½ cup of sliced mango to offset the jalapeño kick
INGREDIENTS2 ¼ lbs. sirloin tip side steak, trimmed
3 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise ¼ in. thick
2 medium red bell peppers
1 bag of romaine lettuce
1 firm-ripe avocado, sliced
6 medium radishes, julienned
For the dressing:
½ cup loosely packed flat-leaf parsley
⅓ cup lime juice
- In bowl of food processor, combine ingredients for the dressing and process until minced.
- Transfer to a small bowl.
- Heat grill to high (450° to 550°).
- Grill steak, turning once, 6 to 8 minutes total for medium-rare.
- Transfer to a board, tent loosely with foil, and let rest 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grill zucchini (4 minutes) and bell peppers (about 10 minutes), turning occasionally.
- Transfer zucchini and bell peppers to a bowl and cover to cool.
- When cool enough to handle, seed and dice the peppers and slice the zucchini.
- Slice steak diagonally across the grain into thin strips.
- In a large bowl, toss the lettuce, zucchini, and peppers.
- Divide among 4 plates.
- Place steak and avocado slices atop each plate then drizzle with dressing.
- Garnish with radishes.
OURSKINNY CHEF'S NOTESAs far as OurSkinny is concerned, it really doesn’t matter whether you use a gas or electric grill or prefer an open flame. Gas and electric grills represent the epitome of convenience. An open flame lends flavor. Neither adds calories!
Always allow your steak to come to room temperature before you put it on the grill. And when it comes time to take it off, go ahead and remove it from the heat a little early and let the meat rest – it will continue to cook, and resting allows the juices to pervade.