Posted • Marjani Smith
Grilled Spicy Shrimp
4 SERVINGS 120 MINUTES 340 CALORIES PER SERVING
36g PROTEIN 17g FAT 13g CARBS 2g FIBER 1590mg SODIUM
Don't just settle for burgers and dogs. Experiment by grilling different fruits and vegetables! Just be sure to add a little olive oil for flavor and to prevent sticking if cooking directly on the grill. Give these Grilled Spicy Shrimp a try and serve with our grilled Ratatouille Salad for a delicious main meal.
INGREDIENTS36 medium shrimp, shelled and deveined (about 1¾ lbs)
¼ cup cilantro, chopped
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
2 tbsp. basil leaves, chopped
½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 ½ tsp. chili powder
½ tsp. ground cumin
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tbsp. olive oil
- In bowl, mix the cilantro, lime juice, basil, black pepper, chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper.
- Whisk in the oil.
- Place the marinade in a plastic bag and add the shrimp.
- Coat the shrimp and if possible, let marinate for 2 to 4 hours for enhanced flavor.
- Pre-heat the grill.
- Grill the shrimp over moderately high heat (about 375 degrees), turning once.
- Cooking time should be about 2 minutes total, shrimp should appear lightly charred.