Posted • Marjani Smith
Fresh Tomato Soup
4 SERVINGS 45 MINUTES 278 CALORIES PER SERVING
25g PROTEIN 8g FAT 30g CARBS 12g FIBER 351mg SODIUM
INGREDIENTS1 cup of shredded chicken, cooked
1 cup fat-free, low-sodium vegetable broth
2 pounds plum tomatoes, cut into wedges
1 tablespoon no salt added tomato paste
2 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil
4 tablespoons grated Parmigiano Reggiano
1 cup chopped onion
¾ cup chopped celery
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 cup water
- Combine first all ingredients except pepper, chicken and cheese in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Place half of tomato mixture in a blender.
- Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender.
- Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters) and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a large bowl.
- Repeat procedure with remaining tomato mixture.
- Stir in pepper and shredded chicken.
- Ladle 3/4 cup soup into each of 6 bowls; top each serving with grated Parmigiano Reggiano.