Posted • Marjani Smith
Carnitas Wraps with Avocado
4 SERVINGS 60 MINUTES 388 CALORIES PER SERVING
42g PROTEIN 16g FAT 22g CARBS 9g FIBER 558mg SODIUM
OurSkinny is serving up a Mexican fiesta in the Test Kitchen, complete with carnitas wraps and fried, "riced" cauliflower (even better than the real thing). Too many people forget that lean cuts of pork are full of protein, low in fat, and a great source of B-vitamins (thiamin, niacin, B6 and B12).
INGREDIENTS1 cup avocado, peeled and mashed
1 tsp. fresh lime juice
2 tsp. jalapenos, diced
1/4 + 1/3 tsp. ground cumin
¼ tsp. dried oregano
8 butterhead lettuce leaves
16 slices OurSkinny Mexican Roasted Pork
½ cup fresh salsa
1 tsp. onion powder
2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, minced
¾ tsp. crushed red pepper
½ tsp. garlic powder
½ tbsp. sun-dried chili pepper, minced
1 (3-pound) boneless pork tenderloin, trimmed
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine spices (including the 1/3 tsp. cumin) in a small bowl.
- Rub spice mixture evenly over pork.
- Place pork on a rack coated with cooking spray; place rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake at 425° for 40 minutes or until thermometer registers 155° (slightly pink).
- While te pork is cooking, combine avocado, lime juice, diced jalapenos, cumin and oregano.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons avocado mixture over each lettuce leaf.
- Remove pork from the oven and let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Arrange OurSkinny Roasted Pork sli>ces (2 per wrap, recipe below) down center of lettuce leaf.
- Top with 1 tbsp. fresh salsa and roll up.
- Serve with side of OurSkinny Mexican Cauliflower Rice